Our qualified and experienced music teachers* offer music tuition in:
All levels and all ages are welcome from beginners to advanced
Preparation for AMEB and VCE examinations
Professional PIANO ACCOMPANIMENT services available
*All our teachers are fully registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) or have a current Working With Children Check (WWCC).
POLICY & Fees:
Prior to your first lesson we will arrange for you to attend a free informal interview/audition with your teacher to discuss your requirements and plan how to best address your individual interests and aspirations.
- Lessons generally take place each week during the school term and students are requested to arrive promptly.
- Occasional missed lessons will be made up at a mutually agreed time only when a minimum of 24 hours’ notice has been received.
- In the case of sudden illnesses please notify your teacher before 9am on the day.
Recommended Lesson Duration
- 30 minutes - students completing up to Grade 2 AMEB standard or equivalent
- 45 minutes - students completing Grades 3 – 5 AMEB standard or equivalent
- 60 minutes - students completing advanced levels
- Students must purchase their own music books and other materials whenever possible and all required materials must be brought to each lesson.
- Piano students must have easy access to a piano or keyboard
- All students are required to practice a minimum of 5 days per week, as directed by their teacher.
- Students who achieve their practice goals will be rewarded with much more satisfying progress!
- Our teachers prepare students for all levels of examinations with AMEB , and for VCE Music Performance by arrangement
- Please note that students will not be entered for an external examination until their teacher is satisfied with their progress.
- We are very approachable and will make every effort to ensure that you are kept informed regarding you or your child’s progress.
- We encourage you to contact your teacher directly if you have any queries or concerns.
Please ensure your teacher has the following details:
- Parent/Guardian names
- Daytime phone number
- Email address
- Fees are set in reference to the VMTA and our rate for 2019 is $72 per hour, however they will vary according to your lesson duration and payment option so please contact us.
- A significant discount is offered to beginners in their first year of tuition*
- Fees do not include the provision of music books, examination entrance fees, travel costs or any other associated costs.