Piano lessons are available to students of all levels and all ages from beginners to advanced
Whether you are an absolute beginner looking for patient guidance as you take your first musical steps, or an advanced student looking to refine your technique and expand your repertoire, our experienced teachers can help you achieve your musical aspirations.
Our lessons are adapted to each individual’s interests and learning style, and our holistic and encouraging approach ensures that learning to play the piano is a rewarding and enjoyable experience.
We want our students to learn for the pleasure of playing the piano -
we also prepare students who wish to undertake AMEB, ANZCA and VCE Music Performance examinations, and provide coaching for auditions and eisteddfods.
Prior to your first piano lesson we will arrange for you to attend a free informal interview/audition with your chosen teacher to discuss your requirements and plan how to best address your individual interests and aspirations.
- Piano lessons take place each week during the school term and students are requested to arrive promptly.
- Occasional missed lessons will be made up at a mutually agreed time only when a minimum of 24 hours’ notice has been received.
- In the case of sudden illnesses please notify your piano teacher before 9am on the day.
Recommended Lesson Duration
- 30 minutes - students completing up to Grade 2 AMEB standard or equivalent
- 45 minutes - students completing Grades 3 – 5 AMEB standard or equivalent
- 60 minutes - students completing advanced levels
- Students must purchase their own music books and other materials whenever possible and all required materials must be brought to each lesson.
- Piano students must have easy access to a piano or keyboard
- All students are required to practice a minimum of 5 days per week, as directed by their teacher.
- Students who achieve their practice goals will be rewarded with much more satisfying progress!
- Our teachers prepare students for all levels of examinations with AMEB and ANZCA, and for VCE Music Performance by arrangement
- Please note that students will not be entered for an external examination until their teacher is satisfied with their progress.
- External Examinations are optional and we regularly monitor students’ progress through internal assessments
- We are very approachable and will make every effort to ensure that you are kept informed regarding you or your child’s progress.
- We encourage you to contact your piano teacher directly if you have any queries or concerns.
Please ensure your teacher has the following details:
- Parent/Guardian names
- Daytime phone number
- Email address
Piano Tuition Fees
- Fees are set in reference to the V.M.T.A. recommended rates for fully qualified and experienced teachers.
- Fees start from $60 per hour for beginners, but may vary according to your lesson duration and payment option - please contact us.
- Lessons can be paid for individually at the start of each lesson, alternatively sets of 10 lessons paid in advance attract a significant discount*
- Fees do not include the provision of music books, examination entrance fees, accompanist fees or any other associated costs.